Looking to Connect with a Student Ambassador? We’re Happy to Help!
Our students would love to talk to you about their experience in the program. To ensure we match you with the right student, talk to an admissions counselor who can learn more about your background and connect you with the student who is best equipped to answer all of your questions.
- Current Position: Senior Data Scientist
- Employer: Noodle Analytics (noodle.ai)
- Current City: Bangalore, India
“I joined Noodle.ai in 2017 as a summer intern and currently work there as a senior data scientist. I work on the Asset Flow product by building a machine learning-based solution that generates warnings in order to prevent an asset/equipment failure and reduce downtime.”
“I chose to pursue an online MSBA from Tepper because the program covers business knowledge coupled with the technical implementation of analytics, therefore giving me a deeper understanding of real-world problems and how to build data-driven solutions. Tepper also supports their students and provides resources such as the career and leadership centers to help students become successful in the industry.”
“Tepper’s online MSBA coursework covers a lot of topics I’m super curious to learn about. Since I currently work in data science, I want to learn, collaborate and implement the knowledge I gained through this program in my work. I really love and appreciate the flexibility of these courses. I’m able to learn about business analytics in different domains while I pursue my full-time job.”
- Current Position: Performance Analytics Consultant
- Employer: The Hartford
- Current City: Southington, Connecticut
- Career Goals: To have a successful career in data, where I leverage the analytical tools and techniques I learn in the MSBA to make impactful business decisions.
“I spent the first few years of my professional career in the product track of the Early Career Leadership Development Program at The Hartford. I’ve held roles as a product quality analyst, homeowners insurance product analyst and sales performance analytics consultant.”
“I was drawn to the historical excellence of Tepper’s program, the personalized one-on-one coaching from the Masters Career Center and the online/part-time/cohort structure of the program.”
“My goal with the Tepper MSBA is to learn new analytical tools and techniques that will help progress my career without having to leave my current job or relocate. Even though the program is online, the cohort environment and onsite events provide me with great opportunities to collaborate and build strong personal relationships with my peers.”
- Current Position: Business Specialist
- Employer: EQT Corporation
- Current City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Career Goals: To have a broad understanding of business and its drivers. To also have a deep understanding of analytics and how to leverage prescriptive and predictive analytics in a leadership or entrepreneurial role.
“I majored in petroleum engineering in undergrad and worked in field production operations as an engineer for five years before getting my MBA at the University of Pittsburgh. I have worked for 2.5 years post-MBA in an analytics/market intelligence role.”
“I was previously familiar with academics at Tepper, having taken two MBA classes there already. The classes are thought-provoking and generate a lot of student participation. The Tepper community is tight knit and supportive.”
“I chose the online program because, in the work-from-home era, I need a program that goes with me. The primarily online nature of the MSBA allows me to continue moving about.”
- Current Position: Consultant
- Employer: West Monroe Partners
- Current City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Career Goals: Enter a career where big data is heavily ingrained in investment decisions, specifically the venture capital, financial management or alternative investment professions within the cryptocurrency industry.
“I began working with West Monroe Partners, a national digital consultancy firm, directly out of college. Over the course of 3.5 years, I worked in numerous industries including distribution, logistics and M&A advisory, and I have focused on performance management and incentive optimization, operational optimization and functional/technology due diligence. I’ve worked on more than 15 buy-side functional and technology diligences from consumer goods to financial technology industries.”
“The need for data to drive investment decisions and curate theses is rapidly growing. The multi-disciplinary options of the Tepper MSBA will give me an edge in a competitive, rapidly changing digital world.”
“I chose the online program because of the flexibility it offers. Not only am I able to keep my job, but I can immerse myself in the opportunities Tepper provides and access academic support while working on data science and machine learning-related projects.”
Ralph Del Negro
- Current Position: Product Manager
- Employer: Sonavex, Inc.
- Current City: Baltimore, Maryland
- Career Goals: In the long term, start my own venture and build something from scratch. In the short term, use what I learn at Tepper to obtain a new position where I can develop my analytical, managerial and leadership skills.
“I have worked for a medical device startup for more than three years. As a product manager at an early-stage company, my responsibilities have included product management and development, business development, software testing, clinical education, regulatory affairs and quality engineering.”
“While assessing which master’s programs to apply to, I was fortunate enough to speak with two industry veterans. The first was an executive at a data analytics company who told me that as soon as someone in the field saw Carnegie Mellon on my resume, they would know I have the skill and tools to succeed in analytics.”
“The second person I spoke to was a product manager who had completed his degree in analytics at another university a few years back. When I asked the product manager to help me rank schools I was considering, he ranked the Tepper program number one, saying that the program has no downside. He explained that Tepper’s MSBA has a great structure and an impressive and relevant curriculum: ‘You can’t go wrong applying there.”
“I chose the online program so that I could continue working at my current company. Much of why I wanted to apply to grad school was because of the impact I thought analytics could have at my small startup. It will be a great experience to learn new skills and immediately apply them in my professional life.”
- Current Position: Director, Sales
- Employer: Wesco
- Current City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Career Goals: In the second act of my career, I aim to achieve an increasing, exciting set of business goals, as well as people management and mentoring responsibilities.
“I have an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue University, and have spent the entirety of my 15-year career in technical sales or sales management, primarily within the automation and the electrical and power distribution industries.”
“My employers have been Siemens Industry, Ingersoll Rand and now Wesco. I manage a 50-person team of sales and customer service reps that specializes in digital ecommerce and omnichannel service models; I have P&L responsibility for a roughly $70 million piece of business.”
“I’m drawn towards the knife’s edge where real-world business operations meet strategic planning and innovation, where current-state realities and future-state possibilities intermingle. I have always been intrigued by industrial processes, the underlying technology that enables them and the supply-chain planning that supports day-to-day operations.”
“The Tepper MSBA program focuses on the data analytics concepts and problem-solving methodologies that employees need to differentiate themselves in the market. There’s an enormous demand for informed, data-driven decision-making in business. As industries modernize and digitize, the future of business administration and leadership will require individuals with skill sets that meet this demand.”
“The online setting of the MSBA is in many ways indistinguishable from the in-person experience; I have access to the terrific resources at Tepper while retaining the flexibility I require to continue my career.”
- Current Position: Manager, Model Governance and Admin
- Employer: Hyundai Capital America
- Current City: Irvine, California
- Career Goals: I want to become an enterprise risk management and governance head and, later, a C-suite leader.
“I have worked in the data science and model development industry for 16 years as a forecasting model developer and business intelligence consultant. I am currently working for Hyundai as a model governance admin.”
“Before I joined Hyundai, I worked for Samsung and Deloitte, and before that, I graduated from Hanyang University with a computer science degree. Through these roles, I have led core projects such as enterprise risk systems, risk-weighted asset management and origination-scoring model development.”
“My goals over the next years are to become an enterprise risk management and governance head and eventually move into the C-suite. To support these goals, I want to gain more experience in data-driven decision-making. I also want to add management skills so that I can cultivate knowledgeable, sustainable teams and help my team members achieve more in their roles.”
“As a student in the MSBA program at Tepper, I’m adding cutting-edge skills while growing my management knowledge. I’m also gaining experience in AI and machine learning. The courses are well-structured, with practical and business-related content.”
“This online program is flexible for full-time employees like me. The faculty members are really dedicated and the interactions with classmates from many different backgrounds is helping me to expand my network.”
“The Tepper MSBA program will broaden my business analytics perspective and brush up my technical skills, leading to more opportunities for my career.”
- Current Position: Process Engineer
- Employer: PNC Bank
- Current City: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Career Goals: To incorporate analytics with my industrial engineering background and move up in my career.
“My initial exposure to my field was as a quality engineering intern at a transportation company, but after graduation I chose a different path into the financial industry. Before my current role in process improvement, I went through one of PNC’s operational rotational programs and got lots of exposure to different areas of the bank, including business analytics.”
“When I was deciding on a master’s degree, I wanted to continue down a STEM path instead of an MBA, and in the current environment, data analytics appealed to me and made the most sense. Tepper’s program has amazing structure, not to mention the great reputation Carnegie Mellon University is known to have. I like the flexibility of being able to complete my degree from anywhere and fit my classes in with my work.”
- Current Position: Project Engineer
- Employer: Ergon West Virginia
- Current City: Monaca, Pennsylvania
- Career Goals: My goal is to pivot my career into a more market-driven industry, such as a consulting firm, traditional bank or brokerage bank.
“I worked at Peoples Natural Gas as a closeout coordinator for four years, and now I am working as a project engineer at Ergon, which is in the oil and gas refinery industry. I also served as a medic in the Pennsylvania Army National Guard for eight years.”
“I chose a business analytics master’s because I wanted a degree that focused more on developing skills rather than just general, broad knowledge. I chose Tepper because they have the best online MSBA program in the country. Plus, their program provides me the flexibility to continue my education while remaining a full-time employee.”
- Current Position: Manufacturing Analyst
- Employer: SRCTec, LLC.
- Current City: Norwood, Massachusetts
- Career Goals: To bridge the gap between manager and analyst.
“I am currently a manufacturing analyst/system analyst/system administrator at SRCTec, LLC, a manufacturing company in the defense and space industry. This is my first job since I graduated with my bachelor’s degree, and I hope to spend many more years here.”
“As an analyst, I get a lot of one-off, repetitive requests that label me simply as a ‘data puller.’ It is not often when I am asked to be an advisor, which is the sole purpose of an analyst. With my business analytics degree, I plan to bridge this gap between managers and analysts.”
“I chose the MSBA program at Tepper because I could see my path forward with the curriculum that Tepper had laid out. There wasn’t a single course listed that I felt didn’t align with my goals.”
- Current Position: Enterprise Business Intelligence Architect
- Employer: Great Lakes Cheese
- Current City: Aurora, Ohio
- Career Goals: To learn emerging trends in the data world. Also to specialize in helping companies develop and deliver effective, ethical data management and business analytics strategies by taking advantage of technological innovations such as big data, cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
“I’ve accumulated more than 16 years of experience in enterprise resource planning (ERP) across all business functions, with a core focus on heavy manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceuticals, retail and technology. I also have extensive experience in data analytics, enterprise information management (EIM) and SAP business transformation.”
“There’s an abundance of information lying around corporate offices that has yet to be analyzed. I chose the MSBA program at Tepper to enhance my skills in analyzing this information across enterprises to better serve organizations.”
“I was particularly drawn to the courses on machine learning, business fundamentals, business communications and analytical marketing. The MSBA program will help me create a story behind the business problem and bring value from data driven analytics.”
“On top of working full-time, I’m a father to a nine-year-old son and four-year-old daughter. Graduate school has been a long-time dream, but I didn’t have the time or capacity for traditional on-campus learning. The online program was a great option because of the fixed timeline, the small and diverse cohort and the ability to study whenever, wherever. Everything complemented my interests, so here I am!”
- Current Position: Senior Sales Analyst
- Employer: Procter & Gamble
- Current City: Boston, Massachusetts
- Career Goals: Learn advanced data management techniques and programming in the context of business analytics while improving my critical thinking skills and ability to effectively communicate data. Achieving these goals should prepare me for managerial sales analyst of data science positions at Procter & Gamble.
“After graduating from Fordham University and a successful internship with Procter & Gamble, I returned to the company full-time as an account manager, with key accounts in the NYC area. I was then promoted to my current position as a senior sales analyst, where I focus on delivering analytics, trade spend optimization and e-commerce growth for our grooming and oral care categories.”
“I chose to pursue the Tepper online MSBA to learn from the best minds in academia and interact with diverse peers in a premier institution for the study of business analytics. The flexibility of the online program has also given me the opportunity to work toward my master’s degree while continuing my full-time role at P&G.”
Daniela Rodriguez Lezama
- Current Position: Drilling Product Engineer
- Employer: Schlumberger
- Current City: Midland, Texas
- Career Goals: To move to a new position within my industry.
“I’ve worked in the energy industry for four years, with a focus in oil and gas drilling. I currently serve as a product engineer for drilling bits at Schlumberger and previously worked at General Electric and Rockwell Automation as a quality engineer.”
“I don’t live in Pennsylvania, so I’m grateful to have the opportunity to receive a master’s degree from a prestigious program as an out-of-state student.”
- Current Position: Sales Operations and Business Development
- Employer: Nightfall AI
- Current City: Chino Hills, California
- Career Goals: To lead the business operations functions of an early-stage startup and to help scale young companies.
“After working in retail sales at Best Buy, I moved into cybersecurity business development at a Series A startup called Nightfall AI. Within several months, I quickly moved into a sales operations position, holding a dual title alongside my business development role. Currently, I am making the transition into sales operations and sales strategy.”
“The next step in my career was to become proficient in business analytics. Many of my friends in San Francisco spoke highly of their educational experience at Carnegie Mellon University. After doing some research, I realized the value that an education from Tepper brings to the table. Once I learned about the online option for a business analytics program, I knew it was a perfect match.”
“My home life has significantly changed because of COVID. My focus shifted to support my family while also trying to grow my career. Thanks to work-from-home culture and the online MSBA, I’ve been able to do both from the comfort of my home.”
- Current Position: Internal Auditor
- Employer: BNP Paribas
- Current City: New York, New York
- Career Goals: To get a more technical position in banking or work for a fintech startup.
“I have been a banking professional for the past six years, working as a market risk analyst at Crédit Agricole CIB and then as a credit and counterparty risk analyst at Bank of the West. Now I work at BNP Paribas on the Capital Markets Activities Audit team.”
“I chose the MSBA program for the academic rigor of Carnegie Mellon University and for the excellent online student experience at Tepper. I wanted a program where professionals could teach me the technical skills I need to be successful in data analytics and data science. I want to apply these skills directly to business problems, particularly in finance, economics and marketing, which are fields that I am passionate about.”
- Current Position: Business Solutions Analyst – Advanced Analytics Team
- Employer: PayPal
- Current City: Tempe, Arizona
- Career Goals: My goal is to become a research analyst in a fast-paced, innovative environment where I can develop data-driven technological solutions that alleviate problems for clients.
“I have more than 10 years of experience leading large-scale digital transformation initiatives in wealth management and payment platforms at TCS-Bank of America. During my time there, I played a key role in requirements gathering and strategic planning, and I helped define cost-effective, customer-centric technology solutions for business functions.”
“I am currently a business solutions analyst at PayPal. Here, my primary responsibility is to build and utilize data and analytics to define process gaps, data quality issues, create solution design, implementation strategy, and perform impact assessment by building several dashboards for our stakeholders.”
“I’m glad to have the opportunity to study online at Tepper. Because I’m working at the same time that I’m enhancing my skills, I can apply the advanced knowledge directly to my current job.”
“After completing this master’s program, I will have a much deeper understanding of common business scenarios; I will also have advanced my abilities to acquire and analyze information from diverse sources and present the insights in a comprehensible manner. I will leverage what I’ve learned and the knowledge I’ve gained on various tools and analytical techniques to proactively formulate solutions in order to make better business decisions.”
- Current Position: Army Marketing and Behavioral Economics Officer
- Employer: U.S. Army
- Current City: West Point, New York
- Career Goals: Develop the data analytics capabilities for Army marketing, pursue a PhD in marketing or economics and work as the U.S. Army Marketing Chief of Innovation.
“My entire professional career has been in the U.S. Army. I have held a multitude of positions ranging from direct leadership roles, logistics and supply chain operations, operational planning and project management. Most recently, I have shifted my Army career path and now work as an Army marketing researcher and data analyst while also mentoring and teaching Economics 201 at the United States Military Academy.”
“I chose Tepper’s MSBA because of its reputation as a rigorous, data-focused program. I was looking for a program to help me develop a deeper understanding of analytics and the requisite tools used to collect, manage and analyze large-scale data sets. I also wanted to learn how to convey research findings in a way that helps senior leaders make actionable decisions. The Tepper school provides the cutting-edge analytics immersion that I need to stand out in my career field.”
“I chose the online MSBA program because, as a working professional in the Army, my career requirements do not afford me the opportunity to pursue an in-person master’s degree. I am a working father, an instructor and a marketing researcher. The online MSBA program provides me with the flexibility to pursue a world-class degree while continuing to move forward on career and family demands.”
- Current Position: IT HR Business Analyst
- Employer: Boston Consulting Group
- Current City: Boston, Massachusetts
- Career Goals: To further develop my analytics and data visualization skills so I can shift my career toward a more technical path.
“The MSBA program seemed like a perfect blend of the tools and foundations of analytics and data science combined with practical applications in the business world. The program seems well-tailored so its students can apply learnings as soon as possible during their education.”
“Since I’m working full-time, I chose the online format primarily due to its convenience and ease of access.”
- Current Position: Senior Process Engineer
- Employer: Schwan’s Company
- Current City: Pear Land, Texas
- Career Goals: Post-graduation, lead the design and drive the efficiency of smart manufacturing plants with optimized staff allocation, supply chain and production strategy through machine learning and optimization. Long-term, own a company that provides consulting services to improve efficiency and reduce costs at traditional manufacturing plants in the United States with AI and machine learning.
“As a R&D process engineer, I work on innovative projects and have had the chance to develop management skills that allow me to lead many capital projects to improve production efficiency. However, operations itself is a complex machine; the more work I complete, the more I realize manufacturing plants collect a mass of data that’s not used to its full potential.”
“Knowing that more and more industries are achieving great results through the implementation of machine learning (ML), I believe the massive data collected by sensors and movement tracking can be leveraged, and ML can be applied to daily operations, new product launches and making business decisions.”
“I’m convinced the industry is evolving into smart manufacturing and I want to help lead the revolution.”
“The emphasis of Tepper’s MSBA program on an integrative educational approach strongly correlates with my graduate school goals. I look forward to taking courses that will advance my knowledge of data science, such as Machine Learning for Business Applications and Modern Data Management. And with classes that focus on marketing, finance and supply chain analytics, I will gain exposure to the breadth of analytical applications.”
“It’s exciting to learn cutting-edge optimization technologies from industry-renowned faculty members, such as Professor Willem van Hoeve.”
Ready to connect with an ambassador? Start by sending a request to our admissions counselors. They’ll help you start a conversation.