M.S. in Business Analytics GMAT/GRE Waiver
We welcome uniquely talented candidates with a passion for using data into our online M.S. in Business Analytics program. Applicants who can demonstrate evidence of advanced mathematical ability through previous coursework are eligible to submit an application for consideration without submitting a GMAT/GRE test score.
If you have already taken the GMAT/GRE, your scores will be considered holistically as part of your overall background, knowledge and experience. We will consider the highest score attained when making an admissions decision — you can find more information about how we review GMAT/GRE scores here.
Demonstrated Mathematical Ability
Successful candidates will provide evidence of demonstrated mathematical ability through previous coursework. Examples may include, but are not limited to:
- History of successful completion of extensive coursework in math courses such as calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, mathematical probability, statistics and other advanced math courses.
- Previous degrees (undergraduate or graduate) in a related discipline such as STEM degrees (science, technology, engineering, statistics or mathematics) or business degrees with strong quantitative focus.
The admissions committee will use your previous coursework to judge your mathematical aptitude. If there are concerns, you may be asked to take the GMAT/GRE to demonstrate your mathematical aptitude.
Instructions for Applying without a Test Score
Carefully review and follow these instructions before submitting your application. Once you’ve finished your application, remember to separately send your official transcripts to:
Attn: Paula Wilson
500 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
OR send Official E-scripts to:
- ‘Test Scores’ section: If you have selected to request a GMAT/GRE waiver, enter 01/01/2001 for your GMAT/GRE test date; this will allow you to submit the application and signal us to look for a graduate transcript that will qualify you for the waiver.
- Once we receive your online application and the official graduate school transcript, we will update your application checklist — you can view this by logging in to your online application. Your waiver status will also be updated on your checklist once a decision has been made.
- Note that unofficial undergraduate transcripts are a minimum requirement to apply, so be sure to also submit these in addition to the graduate transcripts required for your waiver request.
- The Admissions Committee may request additional information from applicants before reaching a final decision. In cases where a waiver is denied, the Admissions Committee may ask the applicant to take the GRE or GMAT and/or a university-level class at a regionally-accredited institution on their own to strengthen their application.
If you have additional questions about the GMAT/GRE waiver, please review our FAQ page or contact an admissions counselor.