The Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University has built its online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) with these primary objectives:
- Provide students with the deep analytical skills, business knowledge and creative problem-solving expertise needed to efficiently and effectively transform data into better decision making and a competitive advantage for their organization.
- Position learners for career advancement by developing their leadership and communication skills with support from one-on-one coaching.
The percentage of 2021 MSBA graduates who had secured a promotion or new position within three months of graduation.
Who Can Benefit
The online MSBA is geared toward individuals with technical backgrounds who want to deepen their analytical skills and move into senior positions. Online MSBA students have varying levels of professional work experience and may have little or no background in business or analytics. They typically relish the challenge of solving complex problems, are passionate about data, and adept at or intrigued by coding and algorithms. Those who are most successful in this program are driven and unphased by challenging coursework. They are also collaborative and ready to work with like-minded classmates.
The online MSBA can be completed in 20 months and provides students with leading-edge knowledge, skills and experiential training in these areas:
- Methodology including machine learning and optimization
- Software Engineering including large-scale data management and programming in R and Python
- Corporate Communication including communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Business Domain Knowledge including marketing, operations, accounting, finance and people analytics
To learn more about the Tepper School’s online Master of Science in Business Analytics, fill out the fields below to download a free brochure. If you have additional questions, please call 888-876-8959 or 412-238-1101 to speak with an admissions counselor.
Looking for a Full-Time Program?
The Tepper MSBA is also available as a full-time on-campus program. Find out how you can get your MSBA in only 9 months in our new full-time campus-based degree program.
MSBA students learn from and engage with the world’s foremost experts in business analytics and benefit from course material that incorporates our faculty’s leading-edge research. Full-time professors across the Tepper School of Business developed and teach the online MS in Business Analytics program and are deeply committed to its ongoing relevance and student success.
Online Learning with Value-Added On-Campus Experiences
The online MSBA is a predominantly online, instructor-led degree program with synchronous weekly live discussion sessions. It includes three on-campus events, each concentrated over a weekend to accommodate working professionals.
Career Resources and Support
All online students gain access to the Tepper Masters Career Center. Whether they have a specific plan in mind or want help strategizing their next move, students receive highly customized, one-on-one career support. In the Accelerate Leadership Center, participants transform personal strengths into a unique leadership style through coaching, immersive training and customized workshops. Our career services are ranked in the top 10 worldwide — find out why.