The Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University has built its online Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) with these primary objectives:
- Provide students with the deep analytical skills, business knowledge and creative problem-solving expertise needed to efficiently and effectively transform data into better decision making and a competitive advantage for their organization.
- Position learners for career advancement — including senior positions at companies in the vanguard of data analytics.
The number of job openings for data professionals in the United States is projected to be more than 2.7 million by 2020.
The Quant Crunch: How the Demand for Data Science Skills is Disrupting the Job Market
Who Can Benefit
The online MSBA is geared to individuals with technical backgrounds who want to deepen their analytical skills and move into senior business analyst positions. Online MSBA students have varying levels of professional work experience and may have little or no background in business or analytics. They typically relish the challenge of solving complex problems, are passionate about data, and adept at or intrigued by coding and algorithms.
The online MSBA can be completed in 18 months and provides students with leading-edge knowledge, skills and experiential training in these areas:
- Methodology including machine learning and optimization
- Software Engineering including large-scale data management and programming in R and Python
- Corporate Communication including communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Business Domain Knowledge including marketing, operations, accounting, finance and people analytics
To learn more about the Tepper School’s online Master of Science in Business Analytics, fill out the fields below to download a free brochure. If you have additional questions, please call 888-876-8959 or 412-238-1101 to speak with an admissions counselor.
Looking for a Full-Time Program?
The Tepper MSBA is also available as a full-time on-campus program. Find out how you can get your MSBA in only 9 months in our new full-time campus-based degree program.
MSBA students learn from and engage with the world’s foremost experts in business analytics and benefit from course material that incorporates our faculty’s leading-edge research. Full-time professors across the Tepper School of Business developed and teach the online MS in Business Analytics program and are deeply committed to its ongoing relevance and student success.
Online Learning with Value-Added On-Campus Experiences
The online MSBA is a predominantly-online, instructor-led degree program with synchronous weekly live discussion sessions. It includes three on-campus events, each concentrated over a weekend to accommodate working professionals.